Wednesday 10 July 2013

Ten Questions - Darren Sant

Blogger, reviewer, fellow ranter, and writer of the gritty, britty, Longcroft Series, Mr Darren Sant joins us this week to answer ten questions we desperately need answers to.








Kick Start or Crackerjack?

Tricky one. I dig both but if I must nail my colours to the mast....Crackerjack.


What's your latest book The Bank Manager and the Bum about?

Here's an extract from the blurb:
When branch manager Giles Macintosh arrives to open up one morning and finds an injured bum and his battered dog lying in the doorway of the bank, he little suspects what lies in store for them all.

Giles does the decent thing and calls for help, then puts the incident out of his mind. However, having been witness to things he cannot explain, he feels drawn to the man and tries to track him down … only to find he has vanished.

But who is the enigmatic, homeless Frank? Why are two very nasty men trying to find him? Why has a prostitute been abducted? And what does the future hold for Giles’s seriously ill son, Jake?
As the story unfolds, the tension increases and the true nature of Frank’s amazing secret begins to be revealed. The stakes are high as the criminal and the supernatural come together for a final, inevitable showdown.

I suppose it's about hope and not having preconceptions about people because of their social standing.  Like all my fiction I do my best to entertain and I also try to strike a balance between the message and the events.



Little or Large?

Little. The straight men never get enough credit.

When do you write?

Mornings and evening are when my brain seems at its best.


Doner Kebab or Donna Summer?

Doner kebab smeared over Donna Summer. I had that dream once…


Is your writing inspired by real events or does it all come from a dark place in your head?

Most things I write are grounded in some kind of exaggerated version of reality. I think I take more darkness from the news than my own head. Humanity is evil enough in reality.


Lara Croft or Longcroft?


Longcroft!  Available from Amazon for just £1.53...........
Mind you Lara Croft....what lovely bouncy pixels.


Physical book or e-book?

I like both but I read more e-books than physical books these days.


Prisoner Cell block H or H from Steps?

I'd gladly consign both to room 101.


Where can we find you?

In the pub usually! Oh, I see what you mean......
I tweet mainly as @groovydaz39
My way out of date barely constructed website:

2 comments:

  1. Highly recommended mythic tale that's up to way more than it seems to be, Daz be sneaky, he. Teaches you something we all should know in a way that don't hurt your head. Only one judgmental lapse here: Donna Summer don't need added spice smeared on, so Kebabs out. Maybe champagne and peppermint. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AJ. The Bank Manager and the Bum is a great novella.

    Donna Summer and champagne & peppermint, this is getting weird...

    ReplyDelete